August 19, 2015

I was over weight before getting pregnant

I have looked online for blogs to follow about moms that are overweight before they got pregnant and how they stayed active and ate healthy through out their pregnancy. Let me tell you there are not very many blogs out there on this topic, and only a few blogs that are about most of the pregnancy and after pregnancy. SOO I decided I wanted to blog about my pregnancy and after baby weight loss.

I was what a doctor would call obese for the last 7 years after 2 kids being a single parent working 2 jobs and trying to go to school. I wasn't making the healthiest choices and working out was unimaginable on top of it all. I became a stay at home mom and I was working on a healthy lifestyle when I found out I was pregnant. I was about 4-5 months into the journey and mostly inconsistent with healthy eating but on track with working out. (healthy eating habits is my weak point) I was working on changing that when we were surprised with the pregnancy. I had horrible morning sickness until about 20 weeks and pretty bad nausea that happens even today. I ended up loosing about 10 lbs in those first 20 weeks because I wasn't able to keep anything down. I am starting to feel better, eating healthier and even got a workout done today.
My Healthy Pregnancy Goals

  • Stay as active as possible which includes one of these a day
    • jogging/walking 3-5 miles 
    • 21 day fix workouts
    • lifting weights
    • swimming
    • yoga or pilates
  • Healthy Eating
    • I cut out all bread/gluten (it makes me almost instantly nauseous)
    • Eat every 2-3 hours
    • Drink at least 100oz of water a day
    • Get the correct amount of fruits/veggies a day
Those are my goals and I hope I can keep up those goals up until the date I deliver this sweet baby.

No comments: